Thursday, September 5, 2013

"John Hunter and the World Peace Game" Reflection (Blog #5)

"So many people doing so much good."  John Hunter is a public school teacher from Virginia.  He was in an out of college but finally committed to education.  He got a teaching job working with gifted children.  When he watched the video he didn't see himself as a teacher.  He saw each of his teachers who shaped him.  He wanted interative learning so he came up with a game.  Now that game has evolved into a 4 by 4 plexi glass figure with outer space and the world.  This was to let these 4th graders fix economical problems and global problems.  As I'm watching this video I can't help but think about my outlook on life when I was in 4th grade.  I knew nothing of the outside world.  I was sheltered! These children are learning real world problems and, by themselves, learning how to fix them.  What a wonderful loutlook on education.  The best thing you can do as a teacher is to let children explore their imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment