Monday, December 9, 2013

Kids Can’t Compute--And That’s A Problem (Blog #24)


       Author Mike Elgan wrote this article to bring awareness to society.  He believes that it is a misconception that people think that kids these days are computer geniuses.  He states that the computer savvy people in the world today are aged 22-55.  His reasoning behind his belief is that kids these days do not know how to make websites, run trouble shooting, and build computers.  They don’t know the “how and why” that makes a computer work.  He agrees that kids are using computers more, but he sees young people entering the workforce everyday who know nothing about computers and the internet.
By this point I’m sure you know that I am not a big fan of technology.  Here is my opinion on Mike Elgan’s article.  He is correct when he says that kids these days don’t know how computers work and what makes them run.  Technology changes faster than anything else in this world, and in just a few short years has become a majority of everyones life.  I remembering having a razor phone that was used for texting and calling only, and now I have an iphone that has internet, GPS, and so many more interactive apps that help me out daily.  So my point is, kids don’t need to know how to build a computer or even how it works.  Problems can easily be fixed with an app or the internet.  No I don’t think that kids are geniuses for solely knowing how to use technology and an Ipad, I just believe that technology is all they have ever known.  It is not their fault that they don’t know how to use computers like they did 40 years ago, but technology will never go back in time so I personally don’t see it as that big of a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment